Water leaks in your home can be a silent enemy. They quietly waste water, inflate your bills, and can cause severe damage to your property if left unattended. Understanding how leaks can affect your water bill and what you can do about it is key to maintaining your home’s health while keeping your finances in check.
Are Leaks Increasing Your Water Bill?
Yes, they can and significantly. Even a minor drip can rack up gallons of wasted water over time. Here are some compelling statistics and facts about water leaks:
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) states that household leaks can waste almost 10,000 gallons of water each year.
- A running toilet can waste about 200 gallons of water a day.
- A small leak, such as a faucet dripping at a rate of one drop per second, can waste up to 3,000 gallons per year.
How Can You Detect a Leak?
While some leaks are evident, like a dripping faucet or a running toilet, others might hide behind walls or underground. Here’s how you can spot those stealthy leaks:
• Monitor your water bill
If you notice a significant increase without a corresponding rise in usage, you might have a leak.
• Check your water meter
Record the reading, don’t use any water for a couple of hours, and check again. If it has moved, there might be a leak.
• Food coloring test for toilets
Add a few drops of food coloring to your toilet tank. If the color appears in the bowl after 15 minutes without flushing, you have a leak.
How Can Spotted Dog Excavating Help?
If you suspect you have a leak, it’s time to call in the professionals. DIY methods can help detect minor leaks, but they often fall short in detecting and fixing larger, hidden leaks. That’s where Spotted Dog Excavating steps in.
Here’s how we can help:
- If you suspect a leak, we provide immediate assistance by connecting you with our network of specialized partners who use state-of-the-art equipment to detect leaks.
- Our experienced professionals offer comprehensive water line repair: Once the leaks are detected, our team steps in to provide a complete solution, ensuring that the problem is entirely resolved.
- We advise on preventive measures to safeguard your property from future leaks and potential water damage.
Leaky pipes and fixtures can become significant contributors to your rising water bill. Regular monitoring of your water usage and bills, combined with professional leak detection and repair services from Spotted Dog Excavating, can save you from the financial strain of a sky-high water bill and potential property damage.
Don’t let leaks drain your wallet. Contact Spotted Dog Excavating today for expert leak detection and repair services that will help keep your water bill in check.